Checkout Login Loop

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello, I have an issue where...

I add an item to the cart. I login successfully. I go to checkout and am redirected back to the login page. I cannot checkout! This has happened to several users.

What could be the cause of this bug and how do I fix it?
12 years ago
Hey anyone know what to do here?
12 years ago
I'm getting the same thing.  Hopefully someone has the answer!
12 years ago
I'm hard to understand where exactly the issue is without debugging. What browser and nopCommerce version are you using? Do you have machineKey specified in your web.config file (find more info here)?
12 years ago
Thanks Andrei. I'll give this a try later today and post back with what I find out.
12 years ago
I did the machine key and it is still not working.  I guess I'll try the reinstall.  

BTW, I'm using NOP 2.4.  It is happening with both Firefox and Chrome, so I don't think it is browser related.
12 years ago
Hello, I have added a machine key but that did not work. I'm using 2.3, and the latest... IE, firefox, chrome and safari on PC. The login loop only happens the the administrator account. It does not happen for normal customer accounts.

Is this a bug or feature?
12 years ago
I reinstalled the application and it did not fix it so I had to reinstall the database and this fixed it.  I used RedGate to re-sync the important tables and it is still working.  

I'm thinking it had something to do with the shipping, tax, or payment methods.  If I can isolate what it was I'll be sure to update the thread.
12 years ago
Well I can't reinstall the database. Please let me know what table, view or procedure I should check for permissions.
Good Find!
12 years ago
I still don't know what was causing the problem.  I'm planning on setting up the tax, shipping, and payments one at a time and testing the cart between each setup.  If it breaks again I'll hopefully be able to isolate the problem.  I guess another option would be installing the base database as a separate instance and then replacing the settings tables on your active database.

It totally sucked to have to reinstall the database but an eCommerce site without a cart is not a option.  I created a backup and compared the instances using the compare tool in redgate to re-sync the primary tables.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.