Windows 8 Alpha Tester IE 10 Must use compatibility Mode

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Just to confirm, am running win8/IE10 RTM and I am unable to login to most(if not all) nopComm sites.  

Since MS is going to try and flood the market with inexpensive win8 upgrades in October, maybe the nopComm devs could release an official statement and work around?  At the very least can we make sure this gets fixed in 2.7?

Thanks!

-christopher
11 years ago
I deployed the fix mentioned above in this thread to all my nopComm 2.x sites... seems to work well.

Thanks,

-christopher
11 years ago
Thanks akari, your suggestion was very useful!
11 years ago
I'm still using nopcommerce 1.6, and have the same problem with IE10. In version 1.6 there's no browserCaps.config file. How to fix this issue for 1.x?
11 years ago
I think I found the solution for version 1.x

ie.browser file on server C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\Browsers doesn't have IE10 in the config, need to update

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2600100

This hotfix introduces updated definitions in the browser definition file for Internet Explorer. The browser definition files are stored in one of the following folders, depending on the installed version of the Microsoft .NET Framework:

Manually update for .Net 2.0. If you don't want to run the hotfix, you can manually update the file fix IE 10 issue

1. Open ie.browser in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\Browsers folder

2. Look for 2 sections in the file:
   <browser id="IE5to9" parentID="IE">
      and
   <browser id="IE6to9" parentID="IE">

Change 2 lines: <capability name="majorversion" match="^[5-9]" />
               to :   <capability name="majorversion" match="^[5-9]|[1-9]\d+" />

<capability name="majorversion" match="^[6-9]" />
               to:     <capability name="majorversion" match="^[6-9]|[1-9]\d+" />
3. open cmd, run this command:
       c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_regbrowsers.exe -i

4. run iisreset to restart IIS server
now you can open nopCommerce website prior version 2.0 without problem in IE10
10 years ago
Akari you are a true champion!

Thanks for the help.

Mike.
8 years ago
Hi There,

I'm having this issue with IE 11.

I'm running NOP version 2.5

The above mentioned change is already in my browserCaps.config file. What do I need to change to make it work IE 11.

Thanks,
Vikash
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.