Upgrade from 2.3. to 2.3 need help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
After upgrading from 2.30 to 2.40 our customers are getting and error at checkout. It’s a message from the page saying that the payment information is not entered. And it still processes as if the payment was made. This has become a big problem, really need some help.
This error is logged System.Exception: Payment information is not entered at Nop.Web.Controllers.CheckoutController.OpcConfirmOrder() in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CheckoutController.cs:
12 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/15166/issues-with-live-24-deployment.aspx
12 years ago
Thanks for your reponse, I will check the session state mode setting, however I beleive it will already be in sql mode. The strange thing about this is, it only happeens to some customers. I have at least one I know of that can't get through the final check out stage at all.
12 years ago
Thanks again for your help, I have a check list I go through every time I update and over looked adding the session state mode setting. So far everything looks great including the two that would not go through at all!

Thanks again!
12 years ago
rgober wrote:
Thanks again for your help, I have a check list I go through every time I update and over looked adding the session state mode setting. So far everything looks great including the two that would not go through at all!

Thanks again!

HI rgober, I'm preparing to upgrade from 2.3 to 2.4 and came across this post.  I'm on a shared host, I'm just wondering what session state mode setting I should use?   As of right now there is no line regarding to session state in my web.config.  And, do I need a machine key?  Thanks for any help.
12 years ago
Hello ray247

If you are running an ecommerce site on any host you need to set-up session state.  All each mode is really is a storage option, however Inproc mode uses your server memory. This has always for some reason been a problem for me. In fact this is the second time I have been a fell victim to not getting this set-up. In your case I would say you need to set-up session state in StateServer Mode, this ensures that session state is preserved. You would only need SqlServer Mode if you running multiple Web servers. However if you host has this already installed then you would uses this mode. We are our own host and we run sql mode. We have more than one server; we supply e-mail and database remote services. So as far a shared host is concerned I would not know the right answer for you.  Truthfully I hope I know enough about this stuff just to get me by!!
12 years ago
rgober wrote:
Hello ray247

If you are running an ecommerce site on any host you need to set-up session state.  All each mode is really is a storage option, however Inproc mode uses your server memory. This has always for some reason been a problem for me. In fact this is the second time I have been a fell victim to not getting this set-up. In your case I would say you need to set-up session state in StateServer Mode, this ensures that session state is preserved. You would only need SqlServer Mode if you running multiple Web servers. However if you host has this already installed then you would uses this mode. We are our own host and we run sql mode. We have more than one server; we supply e-mail and database remote services. So as far a shared host is concerned I would not know the right answer for you.  Truthfully I hope I know enough about this stuff just to get me by!!

Dear rgober, thank you for your explaination, andrei gave an answer in this post and he said we don't need to use StateServer or SqlServer if we are running on only 1 box.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.