v2.1 to v2.3 Upgrade [ Invalid object name 'dbo.ScheduleTask'. ]

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello Friends

I have just upgraded a solution from version 2.10 to 2.30, without touching the database, but now I am getting the following error when running my application.

Did the Database change from 2.10 to 2.30 ? How do I proceed with this in order to fix it ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Ciwan.
12 years ago
Ciwan wrote:
Hello Friends

I have just upgraded a solution from version 2.10 to 2.30, without touching the database, but now I am getting the following error when running my application.

Did the Database change from 2.10 to 2.30 ? How do I proceed with this in order to fix it ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Ciwan.

Hi Ciwan,

You will want to run the sql upgrade scripts for version 2.2 and 2.3 (in that order). The database has changed between these version.

The upgrade scripts can be downloaded from https://www.nopcommerce.com/downloads.aspx. Don't forget to backup your database before you make the changes!

-Sky
12 years ago
Thank You Sky. I did as you suggested. I downloaded the Upgrade Scripts, then opened them up in SQL Management Studio on my Server, I opened the Scripts (v2.2 first) and Executed them on the Database in Question. I got the Green Tick at the bottom saying Query Executed Successfully.

However now I get a different error. This time, the error is when I navigate away from Home/Index.

So Home/Index works fine, but when I click the New Products link, I get that new error. :(
12 years ago
Ciwan wrote:
Thank You Sky. I did as you suggested. I downloaded the Upgrade Scripts, then opened them up in SQL Management Studio on my Server, I opened the Scripts (v2.2 first) and Executed them on the Database in Question. I got the Green Tick at the bottom saying Query Executed Successfully.

However now I get a different error. This time, the error is when I navigate away from Home/Index.

So Home/Index works fine, but when I click the New Products link, I get that new error. :(

Your website runs under a special user account and the account does not have permission to execute a stored procedure in the database. You'll want to use SQL Management Studio and connect to your database. Find the stored procedure "ProductLoadAllPaged" and grant your user account permission to execute. Stored procedures can be found under the Programmability folder for the database.
12 years ago
Ahh that makes sense. Thank You Sky :)

I could not figure out how to give the user exact permission over a stored procedure in SQL Management Studio, instead I made the User a db_owner and that seems to have gotten rid of the error.

However I'm getting a new error now :( My guess would be that it has something to do with Plugins, but I can not understand why, I left my Plugins folder as it is .. should I have published them again for NopCom v2.3 ?

Talking of publishing plugins ... is there an easy way to publish all of them at once ? Right now the only way I know, is going through them one by one, which to be honest is a bit tedious :s
12 years ago
Ciwan wrote:
Ahh that makes sense. Thank You Sky :)

I could figure out how to give the user exact permission over a stored procedure in SQL Management Studio, instead I made the User a db_owner and that seems to have gotten rid of the error.

However I'm getting a new error now :( My guess would be that it has something to do with Plugins, but I can not understand why, I left my Plugins folder as it is .. should I have published them again for NopCom v2.3 ?

Talking of publishing plugins ... is there an easy way to publish all of them at once ? Right now the only way I know, is going through them one by one, which to be honest is a bit tedious :s

This particular error probably means that you need to install a tax provider. You should run the prepare/deploy batch files and then delete everything inside of the plugins folder on your website. Copy the contents of the plugin folder created by running the batch files and paste them into your website. Once you've done that re-install your tax providers and any other plugins you might be using.
12 years ago
Genius Sky ! Thank You Ever so much. All seems to be in working order now. :)

I had totally forgotten about the deploy and batch files !
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.