NopCommerce Integration with Other Application/DB

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

We are having a seperate project developed in ASP .Net(offering some services, which needs user registration), we want to sell those services on our another nopcommerce portal(v 2.4).

But we do not want the user to register to both the portals seperately.

We have thought of some ways like

--> creating a trigger in nopcommerce database on customers table (not good for performance)
--> creating a stored procedure which inserts in both the databases (do not want to use sp in nopcommerce v2.4)
--> creating a webservice for inserting the data in my another db (data might not be synchronised)

Any one please help us to integrate both the applications, we are currently into production, so please reply asap.

--Regards
Prashant
12 years ago
I haven't tried it yet but a 4th option is taking advantage of task scheduling in nopCommerce.  I have a need for this which I am going to try and implement next week.
12 years ago
IMHO...

Create a plugin that handles Customer Insert (Update) Events.  It would call a web service in your other app, or directly access the other app's db  (e.g. SP)

Here's example header for update order

public class MyPlugin : BasePlugin, IConsumer<EntityUpdated<Order>>

Assuming you also need the other direction (other app to nopC), create a WebServices plugin
12 years ago
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. but all these would not synchronize the data, as the customer may get registered in one database, but the second database query might not run successfully, in both the cases either of scheduling or plugin/webservice.
12 years ago
thanks New York,

your solutions looks to be a better option, i am going to implement it today and will update you regarding the same.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.