Image resizing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello ,

i have a client which requires images of the products be rectangular with size  160x280px in the category view  ,

i played around with the code , but i only saw that i can resize them in rectangular shapes and there is nothing which fits my need.

as i have used ImageResizer ( look it up on NuGet ) it works better and it has more options than the currently existing solution

since I'm new to the platform , is there an easy way to this or i will have to rewrite tons of code ?

Thanks in advance.
12 years ago
Are you trying to have product images in the categories view on the administration panel, or do you want to change the size of the product images in your store?

If you want to change the size of the product images in your store, have you looked at the media setting on the administration panel?  

If not, on version 2.4 go to admin -> Configuration -> Settings - > Media Settings.   You can change the size of the product images here, but it does not look like you can set the width and height independently using this setting.

I hope this helps.
12 years ago
Tim2376 wrote:
Are you trying to have product images in the categories view on the administration panel, or do you want to change the size of the product images in your store?

If you want to change the size of the product images in your store, have you looked at the media setting on the administration panel?  

If not, on version 2.4 go to admin -> Configuration -> Settings - > Media Settings.   You can change the size of the product images here, but it does not look like you can set the width and height independently using this setting.

I hope this helps.

Hey Tim ,

thanks for the tip on the settings in the admin panel , i didn't look there. i will take a look and see if that helps or not.

Also i'm trying to change the size of the images in both the category view in the store and in the individual product page

thanks.
12 years ago
I tried the settings and it looks like you can change the image size of the products in the category view as well as the size of the images on the individual product view.  However, if you make the images too large they will run into other things on the webpage.

Media Settings

Product thumbnail image size (catalog) – changes the size of the product image in the category view.
Product detail image size-changes the size of the image on the individual product page.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.