A PLEA FOR HELP! - upgrading 1.80 to 1.90 w/ MS SQL DB

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I am currently up on ver 1.80 with a SQL db that is over 260mb that has over 1600 manhours invested.

The planned go live date was March 1st, until I found the bug in the Ship by Order Total method.
   SEE BUG REPORT  https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/14199/it-is-clear-that-there-is-a-code-problem-in-the-shipping-by-order-total-method-in-the-nop-ver-180.aspx  POSTED 2 MONTHS AGO

Since there is not a fix for the bug, I checked out ver 1.90 and the method works fine in it. So for the last month I have been trying to upgrade to ver 1.90 with the following results:

First try; ERROR MSG; Upgrade script from your version is not available  (I SHOULD HAVE PAID MORE ATTENSION TO IT)

I read all on the posts on upgrading to 1.90 and assumed that it was possible, I tried several more times including deleting 1.80 off of the hosted web site and trying to do the upgrading there. Bad choice.

This morning I went into debuging mode with VS2010 and ended up finding out that there is not a nopCommerce_upgrade.sql  script for ver 1.90 (as there is for 1.2 > 1.8). I AM TRULY IN A TIGHT SPOT NOW! UNLESS SOMEONE HAS SOME SCRIPT OR CODE TO UPGRADE MY SQL DATABASE TO VER 1.90 SPECS?

NOTE TO A.M.: In my ver 1.80 APP_DATA folder there is not a settings.txt file (in ref to your upgrade post)

Thanks to all who try to help.
12 years ago
I looked on my harddrive, and found a 1.8 to 1.9 nopCommerce_upgrade.sql file.

As far as I know this is the official file.  (99.99% sure).  Hopefully the guys here will re-post an official file.
I promise you absolutely nothing.  No guarantees.  No Warrranty.  No Candy.  Nuthin.

But until then you can pull the file here:
http://www.lingland.com/nopCommerce_upgrade_19.txt
12 years ago
THANK YOU FOR THE FILE.

I WILL POST THE RESULTS ONCE I HAVE COMPAIRED THE FILE TO THE 1.80 VER, AND CHECKED IT LINE BY LINE.

THEN IT COMES TIME FOR A LEAF OF FAITH! - I WISH I HAD MORE TSQL KNOWLEDGE!

AGAIN, THANKS FOR THE HELP.
12 years ago
why don't you just create a fresh install the latest update NOP , Fresh SQL anything but express, and using a test server identical to your production server. If you have that many man hours and you can't do this I could save you hours of more future pain. Just ask what you need for free?

I love hot swahard driveve get the picture? You must be in RAID 1 or better and you can clone your working production server when you get it correct but at the same time your pulled ouhard driveve that contains your life is safe and won't be written on since you pulled it out. Thus if you botch this just format both disks then pull out one and the raid will rebuild your old working hre clonene that easily. Really easy and no worries.

Instead of trying to upgrade "painfully" joverwriteight your database and directory then fix your web.config file thats it?

Hours of hours of updating why? There are soincrementalmintal changes permissions its just not worth it plus stability. Go Clean!

Do it once then have incremental backups every 10 mins so that you can roll back if you ever have a problem. But alway have a clone server at least clone it once per day so that you only lose one days work in disaster but still have the 15min backups.

I take it you have not seen WINDOWS 8 server yet? Man oh man is it so much better however Windows 8 consumer blows.

Ask and ye shall receive.

Hope this helps

Mike
12 years ago
sorry spell checker killed my words.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.