nopCommerce 2.4 - ProductModel.cs and how it relates to ProductService.cs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
nopCommerce 2.4

How does Nop.Web/models/catalog/ProductModel.cs relate to Nop.Services/catalog/ProductService.cs (and IProductService.cs)???

Intuitively, I know that they are related to each other, but for the life of me I cannot seem to figure out how they are "connected to each other."  I've been staring at the code forever now, and I just can't see the connection.

Is the connection one that is not exactly explicit in the code?  Perhaps it is just a connection that is inherent to the MVC framework and I'm unaware of it (I'm new to MVC)?

Can anyone out there possibly help me connect the dots so I can see how the method calls in IProductService ultimately make their way to the ProductService.cs?

Thanks in advance.

Josh
12 years ago
I was finally able to make the connection....please disregard.

Thanks.
12 years ago
It would be helpful for others too if you could upload a brief of your attained knowledge :-)
12 years ago
Sure, no problem.  I probably should have posted how I figured out what I was missing...but it was so "right under my nose" I think I felt a little embarrassed. : )

Basically, I should have been looking in the Controller.

At the top of the controller:

private readonly IProductService _productService;

I was looking for this in the ProductModel.cs class...but, I should have been looking in the Controller.

Thanks.

Josh
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.