Modifying FixedRateShippingComputationMethod Plugin With Some Database Access Please Help

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hey guys. I have been working with ASP.net (not MVC) for years and I'm trying to get familiar with the new technology. I want to modify the FixedRateShippingComputationMethod by adding some code to check the Category of the Products and then calculate base on that.

For Example:

Category 1 = Max Products that could be shipped on a flat rate is 15. Then Another box is needed.
Category 2 = This needs to always have a separate box as this is a larger Item.
Category 3 = This Items could be mix with Category 1 but only certain mix are available for example 1 Category 3 and 5 Category one.

I think I could perform this with pure loops and if conditions. But I don't know how to access the fields from the database with a plugin if someone could at least point me in that direction I should be able to handle the rest.

Thanks

Let's continue supporting this great open source product.
12 years ago
aesperon wrote:
Hey guys. I have been working with ASP.net (not MVC) for years and I'm trying to get familiar with the new technology. I want to modify the FixedRateShippingComputationMethod by adding some code to check the Category of the Products and then calculate base on that.

For Example:

Category 1 = Max Products that could be shipped on a flat rate is 15. Then Another box is needed.
Category 2 = This needs to always have a separate box as this is a larger Item.
Category 3 = This Items could be mix with Category 1 but only certain mix are available for example 1 Category 3 and 5 Category one.

I think I could perform this with pure loops and if conditions. But I don't know how to access the fields from the database with a plugin if someone could at least point me in that direction I should be able to handle the rest.

Thanks

Let's continue supporting this great open source product.

Maybe Shipping Director might eassy your customization task
12 years ago
I try Shipping Director and it doesn't meet my requirements.

I just need to know how to access the Fields on the database from a plugin
12 years ago
You don't " access the Fields on the database ".  You reference properties of the shopping cart Items.

I'm surprised that Shipping Director didn't meet your requirements - Your example above looks very doable - did you read the blog about Packing and "Requires own box"?

You can PM me, or use Contact form on nopTools.com if you have any questions.
12 years ago
Can you give me one example how to access the reference the properties of the current shopping cart objects.?
12 years ago
sure...

foreach (var shoppingCartItem in getShippingOptionRequest.Items)
    totalWeight += shoppingCartItem.ProductVariant.Weight * shoppingCartItem.Quantity;

(example only - this does not take into account possible weight adjustments)
12 years ago
Thanks I will try this
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.