Some weird errors during taskmamager initialization

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
In Application_start
in the call to taskmanager.instance.initialize()

Im getting this exception:
{"An error occurred while getting provider information from the database. This can be caused by Entity Framework using an incorrect connection string. Check the inner exceptions for details and ensure that the connection string is correct."}

I have an unusual situation where i upgraded several packages using the nuget pkg manager, including entity framework. but this still worked after that upgrade, apparently some other one messed it up.

Any ideas?
12 years ago
What version of nopCommerce are you using? What is your new Entity Framework version?
12 years ago
Im running 2.4, i ran the package manager and it updated to the latest entity framework, which is still 4.3 but a minor change. I also updated the telerik controls later (as Im getting some errors on the existings ones).
12 years ago
well this is awkward.. for some reason my database instance got shut down. guess I'll need to figure out what caused this, but at least it's not a code problem now.
12 years ago
I see. Updating EF to the latest version requires some code changes. Have a look at the latest version (upcoming 2.50) and changeset 2a05784d72ae.
12 years ago
Thanks again for the help
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.