choose a category template

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I'm using nopCommerce 2.40. Why does the choice between grid or line appear only on the customer side ?
It would be very convenient to choose a default category template in the back office.
If your shop is supposed to present long listings of products (bookshop) it is better to have it presented in lines.
Thanks for your help.
12 years ago
cyberSFere wrote:
I'm using nopCommerce 2.40. Why does the choice between grid or line appear only on the customer side ?
It would be very convenient to choose a default category template in the back office.
If your shop is supposed to present long listings of products (bookshop) it is better to have it presented in lines.
Thanks for your help.

You can choose it in admin>categories>list/tree view>add/edit>category info tab: Category template:  Products in Grid or Lines . Example in demo admin: http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/Admin/Category/Edit/29
12 years ago
Hi there,

same problem, pretty sure you can´t change the template so easy in admin area. There is only one ID template in database (CategoryTemplate table). How to set the default one ???

thanks heaps

David
12 years ago
davidtiles wrote:
Hi there,

same problem, pretty sure you can´t change the template so easy in admin area. There is only one ID template in database (CategoryTemplate table). How to set the default one ???

thanks heaps

David

In admin>configuration>settings>all settings  there is a  setting that you can modify to "list": catalogsettings.defaultviewmode =grid

Check this too:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11019/templates-in-20-for-products-categories-manufacturers.aspx?p=3
12 years ago
Hi Eduardo,

it is not so easy in ver 2.2 and later ones, catalogsettings.defaultview is not in the list, but thank you for the link..

David
12 years ago
davidtiles wrote:
Hi Eduardo,

it is not so easy in ver 2.2 and later ones, catalogsettings.defaultview is not in the list, but thank you for the link..

David

Hi David:
It is available in v2.5. I found it in demo admin
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.