copy local database to isp

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I set up and run nop2.40 successful on local machine.
I need to publish it ...

Can anyone please show me what are the next steps?

I already ran the prepare.bat and deploy.bat files and uploaded the files to ISP. However the homepage is the installation page, so i did the installation page again on the ISP. However ALL THE CHANGES I MADE TO THE SITE (presentation and database) locally is not there. WHY???
I think i need to copy the local database to the isp databse as well  but i don't know how, please help.
12 years ago
What version of SQL Server are you using?
12 years ago
SQL2008
12 years ago
sorry SQLExpress 2010
12 years ago
I don't think there is a SQL Server Express 2010.  
In any case,
1. use SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) - you can download appropriate version if using Express.
2. Create a Backup of you database .  this will create a .bak file
3. upload .bak file to host
4. use host control panel / database panel , to do Restore.

Most hosts will have database backup/restore capability.

Also, you will then need to modify the /AppSetting/Setting.txt file on the host web.  It contains the database connection information.  Since you did the install on your local pc, it points to your local db server.  You will need to get the appropriate connection information.  Sometimes the host server name is "localhost", other times it could be an IP address.

I would recommend that you rerun the install on the host anyway.  It won't take long, and it will confirm everything works ok.  Then, you can do above procedure of db restore to overwrite the db.   To re-run the install, just delete the Settings.txt and InstalledPlugins.txt files on the host.  In either case, you would create a new database using host control panel, rather than using the install prompt.
12 years ago
Many thanks for that New York, that was a very detailed instruction and quick response. Appreciate your effort, i give it a go, hopeful it works this time.
12 years ago
I still can't get the configurations i have done on the local machine, are not showing on the hosting server. I don't want to spend hours to configure all the settings again.
12 years ago
Do you see your categories, products, etc.?
If you Backed Up and then Restored that Database, then all your settings should be there too.  What are you missing?
12 years ago
Yes, i see all the categories and products. But all the configurations have to done again. I guess i must have deployed it incorrect somewhere. I did not deploy it manually, only using prepare.bat and deploy.bat.
It doesn't take long to config but still.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.