Shipping By Total in v2.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I have tried changing the supported version line in the description.txt file for the Shipping.ByTotal plugin, however it blows up the entire website when you refresh the plugins list.  I am not a coder per se and was wondering if I am missing something or will have to wait for the author to update for v2.5 of NOP?
11 years ago
Hello,

I don't understand what does the words "blow up" mean? Because I am a chinese. I ever used the Shipping.ByTotal plugin. It works well. Below is the steps for using the plugin.

Copy the Shipping.ByTotal folder which lies in the compiled folder to the plugin folder.

Admin Tool -> Configuration -> Plugins -> Install

Admin Tool -> Configuration -> Shipping -> Shipping rate computation methods, Select the IsActive for ByTotal.

Admin Tool -> Configuration -> Shipping -> Shipping Methods, Add some methods

Admin Tool -> Configuration -> Shipping -> Shipping rate computation methods, Configure ByTotal.

Additionally, I add a State/Province support for shipping charge adjustment.

I hope it can help you!
11 years ago
By "blows up" he means throws an error.

What he's referring to regarding changing the version in the Description.txt file is the ability to use a prior version of a plugin (e.g. one compiled for 2.40), in a later version of NopC (e.g. 2.50).  Sometimes you can just change (or add to) the "SupportedVersions: " in the Description.txt file.  Lately, this has not been possible, due to the types of changes made - e.g. new version of Autofac, adding additional method in the shipping plugin Interface, etc.
11 years ago
Thank you for your english lessions.

and I understand his real issue!

Thanks again!
11 years ago
Don' touch description.txt, if you use an old version od a plugin pretending it'the last, the system crashes as you realized.
To localize descriptions, you have to go to Configurations, settings, language, edit resource string of the language you need, filter Resorce name starting with plugins.shippingbytotal. Edit all itens accordingly.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.