Adding Customized Category

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I want to add a new category named as "Files" . Its functionality would be quite different , it wont show a list of product instead when user clicks on it , it should display list of files with name and a link where it has been uploaded. and when on clicking that link it should open particular pdf file. I am not sure how can i achieve that in nopCommerce? Please someone explain in steps?
12 years ago
mrhammad wrote:
I want to add a new category named as "Files" . Its functionality would be quite different , it wont show a list of product instead when user clicks on it , it should display list of files with name and a link where it has been uploaded. and when on clicking that link it should open particular pdf file. I am not sure how can i achieve that in nopCommerce? Please someone explain in steps?

Create a product for each file. In its default variant disble buy and wishlist buttons and in its description  set the link for the pdf download. You can also do it with just one product named "Files" with as many variats as files you have. Set the links in each variant description field.
12 years ago
I think its not working in the way i want. it still show it just like a product and related options e.g add to cart and detail button. what i want is to only show a list of files and their link nothing else.
12 years ago
mrhammad wrote:
I think its not working in the way i want. it still show it just like a product and related options e.g add to cart and detail button. what i want is to only show a list of files and their link nothing else.

Then do it with just one product named "Files" with as many variats as files you have. Set the links in each variant description field. Do not forget to disable buy and wishlist buttons
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.