Is this possible?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
My customers can upload pictures in some products on product detail page.

Is it possible to store these pictures so the customer can se them and delete them? Where can I change the destination of the uploaded file? I store files in file system.

Is it possible for an admin to delete uploaded files uploaded by customer? If it is possible, where do I do that?
12 years ago
-------------------------
My customers can upload pictures in some products on product detail page.

Is it possible to store these pictures so the customer can se them and delete them? Where can I change the destination of the uploaded file? I store files in file system.

Is it possible for an admin to delete uploaded files uploaded by customer? If it is possible, where do I do that?
-------------------------
At the present time, adding pictures is done through admin when adding categories and products/product variants. However, the deletion of the pictures is problematic. There is a known bug where the pictures are not deleted during category/product/variant delection.

You will have to go out to the server and manually delete the pictures, all pictures are stored in Images and Images/thumbnails.

If you have a good FTP program (I'm using the one that is integrated with Dreamweaver), you should be able to look at your remote website, change into the proper directory and delete the files. The pictures in the images directory are tagged with an image number, then an _ (underscore), followed by the product/variant name they are associated with. Keep track of the image number, then go into the thumbnails directory and delete the associated image number.

That should do it for you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.