Had to reload 2.5 and now getting error message when I add products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I just loaded a clean version of 2.5 (NoSource Code) to my site, including a new database.
After putting in categories, and most of the settings in configuration, I am getting this error message after I add a product. It seems to refer to the tax categoryID, but I can't seem to find where the problem is...

Any ideas?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The details for the log entry.Full message:   System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetTaxRate(ProductVariant productVariant, Int32 taxCategoryId, Customer customer) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:line 239 at Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Int32 taxCategoryId, Decimal price, Boolean includingTax, Customer customer, Boolean priceIncludesTax, Decimal& taxRate) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:line 324 at Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Decimal price, Boolean includingTax, Customer customer, Decimal& taxRate) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:line 305 at Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Decimal price, Customer customer, Decimal& taxRate) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:line 288 at Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Decimal price, Decimal& taxRate) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:line 264 at Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.PrepareProductPriceModel(Product product) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:line 227 at Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.PrepareProductOverviewModel(Product product, Boolean preparePriceModel, Boolean preparePictureModel, Nullable`1 productThumbPictureSize) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:line 327 at Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.<Category>b__25(Product x) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:line 916 at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.Category(Int32 categoryId, CatalogPagingFilteringModel command) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:line 916 at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) at
12 years ago
Seems that a 'Tax Category' has been changed, which created a problem. I think I repaired it.
12 years ago
Spoke too soon !

I have to make the product "Tax Exempt" in the "Product Variant Info" tab, for the site not to error out !

Any thoughts?
12 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/16235/v25-tax-provider-error-help-please.aspx
12 years ago
Thanks Andre' --- Appreciate All you Guys Do, in support of NOPCommerce!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.