Error when building solution for v2.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I've downloaded the source for V2.5 but when I build my project I get the following error:

{"'Guests' role could not be loaded"}

Nop.Core.NopException was unhandled by user code  Message='Guests' role could not be loaded  Source=Nop.Services  StackTrace:       at Nop.Services.Customers.CustomerService.InsertGuestCustomer() in C:\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\nopCommerce 2.5\Libraries\Nop.Services\Customers\CustomerService.cs:line 385       at Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext.GetCurrentCustomer() in C:\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\nopCommerce 2.5\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\WebWorkContext.cs:line 117       at Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext.get_CurrentCustomer() in C:\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\nopCommerce 2.5\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\WebWorkContext.cs:line 185       at Nop.Web.MvcApplication.SetWorkingCulture() in C:\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\nopCommerce 2.5\Presentation\Nop.Web\Global.asax.cs:line 201       at Nop.Web.MvcApplication.Application_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\nopCommerce 2.5\Presentation\Nop.Web\Global.asax.cs:line 146       at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)  InnerException: 
12 years ago
Anyone having this issue?
12 years ago
Bumping
12 years ago
Seems lik the issue is caused when I copy my Settings.txt file from my old project it blows up on this statement. Should I not copy the file over from my old project?
12 years ago
The Settings.txt has connection string to database.  What version of nopC is your old DB?

Did you remove the Guest role?  
SELECT * FROM [your_database_name].[dbo].[CustomerRole]
12 years ago
New York wrote:
The Settings.txt has connection string to database.  What version of nopC is your old DB?

Did you remove the Guest role?  
SELECT * FROM [your_database_name].[dbo].[CustomerRole]

Correct about the connection string in the settings file. I was on version 2.4 source and no I have removed anything.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.