need help with upgrade from 1.90 to 2.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
been having trouble for 3 weeks now and its a consistent problem and i cant find the answer.

The error message is this

Setup failed: System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DbUpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.UpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Rtl', table 'giftforacoach.dbo.Language'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.DynamicUpdateCommand.Execute(UpdateTranslator translator, EntityConnection connection, Dictionary`2 identifierValues, List`1 generatedValues) at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityAdapter.Update(IEntityStateManager entityCache) at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.SaveChanges() at System.Data.Entity.DbContext.SaveChanges() at Nop.Data.EfRepository`1.Insert(T entity) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nop 2.0\Libraries\Nop.Data\EfRepository.cs:line 37 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallLanguagesAndResources() in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nop 2.0\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 443 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallData(String defaultUserEmail, String defaultUserPassword, Boolean installSampleData) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nop 2.0\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 9049 at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nop 2.0\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 378

I accidently went over the local version i  had of the working website and have a database back up but nothing is coming back up. the above messsage is what i get when i try to upgrade from 1.90 to 2.0

Dearly would love some help here. The uploaded website is fine its the version on the local installation that i am having trouble with.

If i work out what the problem with the local version is i then should be able to upgrade the web version.

Thanks in advance.
12 years ago
Hi, You have to install the following updates.

Visual Studio Web Developer Express SP1 prerequisites
ASP.NET MVC 3 Tools Update
SQL Server Compact 4.0 (runtime + tools support)
If you're using Visual Studio 2010 instead of Visual Web Developer 2010,
you have to install the prerequisites : Visual Studio 2010 prerequisites.

http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appid=VWD2010SP1Pack
http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery/install.aspx?appsxml=&appid=MVC3
12 years ago
thanks for the tip I will see how i go

i followed the instructions for the update and installed the source code version for ver 2.00 over the database. that worked fine no errors and then made a backup of the database.  I then applied the upgrade script and all seemed fine  until i went to open the the solution in visual web developer 2010.

I will keep you posted.

does the upgrade work if i have taken out parts of the database?  for example i have taken out all the weights and measurments that dont apply here in australia. I have also taken out most of the countries as well.
11 years ago
still having no luck with upgrading

could it be that i have taken some stuff out of the database that i dont need such as certain countries i dont post to and removed the pounds and ounces references?? they dont apply here in australia.

still getting above message.

any help would be greatly appreciated
11 years ago
almost solved.

how can you get into the admin when it wont let you in when you do username and password.

It finally upgraded correctly must have been because i was still connected to it. still cant work out what i did.

now i can get started on doing the rest to 2.5

thanks for everyones help in posting there problems so i can find the answers
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.