Clarification of Price, Special Price in nop 2.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hello,

I need some clarifications on the pricing columns in ProductVariant please. We have written some code to import a large datafeed into the nopCommerce database. We run this import daily.

I have been using since 2.1 the Price and Oldprice columns with the MSRP in Oldprice and our sale price in Price like...

MSRP: $99.99
Our Price: $59.99

where Oldprice = $99.99 and Price = $59.99.

Now I am upgrading to nop2.5 and I ran the datafeed import against a test 2.5 database. All the prices on the current products looked correct, but new products all showed a price of $0.00. After researching the ProductVariant rows it looked like as long as SpecialPrice was null nop would use Price, but if SpecialPrice was not null it would use SpecialPrice.

So it looks like I want to now use OldPrice and SpecialPrice. If so, what is Price now used for?

I am thinking of loading OldPrice with the MSRP. I would then load Our Price into Special Price and Price. But this is a bit confusing because then Special Price and Price becomes redundant.

Can someone clear this up for me so I know what each pricing column is used for?

Thanks,
Rhek
12 years ago
Special Price for each individual product variant only applies within a range of dates. Check in product variant info tab. Example

Price:
Old price:
Product cost:
Special price:
Special price start date:
Special price end date:
12 years ago
Thanks for the reply.

So basically leave SpecialPrice as null and not zero or else it overrides Price if the special dates are null.

Thanks,
Rhek
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.