Linking Admin Control to SubCategory

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I have created two controls one for administration which uploads pdf and other for public which would show the list of uploaded files . I am confused how can i link a subcategory to open that list of uploaded files control? I have checked the CategoryNavigation control but all the Categories and subcategories are coming from some logic , they are not hard coded? i dont know where to put the path for my control so that it would display inside some subcategory?
12 years ago
Where you want to put this control...is it in category page where sub categories are display or in the category navigation..?

if you want to put it in category page then go to
views >> catalog >> and then in this view CategoryTemplate.ProductsInGridOrLines.cshtml

there is showing sub categories.
12 years ago
i have main category "Manuals" then another sub- category of it "Service Manuals". when i click on Manual it opens a "Service Manual" option yes? so i want to link this service manual option with my control. so when user clicks on it , it would see list of upload manuals.

I am not sure how i can do that? please guide me?
12 years ago
you have any relation of your upload manuals with category..?
12 years ago
i think what i just go is to change the Template of that category to my the one which i created. but not sure if i have to put some logic in code behind?
12 years ago
just go to admin and then change that category template which you have pasted your control in..
and then check i think it should come in..
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.