Is there a step by step guide to upgrading?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I have a GoDaddy Account.
I used their installer to create a NopCommerce 1.9 installation and set up a store.
It went fine and I got the chance to get my products, shipping and payments systems set up.  In using the manual that I paid for I see options that do not exist and now realize there is a 2.5 version that is the latest.

I have downloaded the latest version and built it with Vis Studio and it runs on local machine.

Is there a step by step guide to upgrading from 1.9 to 2.5?
Do I have to start all over?
Do I have to go in increments from 1.9 to 2.5 upgrading every iteration in between?

Do you have some guides somewhere that can be read step by step and followed?

If I have to spend the next three or four days re installing and re-entering all my work then why should I stick with NopCommerce and not just create a Linux account at go-daddy and have more options? I really like NopCommerce but I have to say nothing about this package is easy.
11 years ago
Start here: https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/80/upgrading-nopcommerce.aspx

Moving from 1.9 to 2.0 is the most painful step as some things don't come across due to the underlying change in technology  (from Webforms to MVC/Razor).

Each version has upgrade scripts in a zipped file with readme.txt file that briefly lists the upgrade steps necessary.

FYI, some have had issues with Godaddy Hosting and nopCommerce, so you may want search the forums here regarding that.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.