Fixed prices, please - instead of currency rates

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Well, I'm curious...
What is your "algorithm" for calculating a psychological price - ending in .99, .95, ??
Why don't you think the system could do it for you?
10 years ago
Have there been any developments on this issue?

I would also like to be able to set a fixed price per product per currency.
10 years ago
Yes - and since the team members in this thread states that they dont see it as crucial, and dont plan to do it in near future, and dont think codeplex reflects the need for this. Then I thought I might add here that we also in very much in need of it. :-)

PS! this is not meant as bitter comment, cause I think nopCommere is a great system. :-)   But I would just mention that this is so critical for our current customer, that we actually might have to redo the solution in another eCommrece system. Our customer are forced by most of their vendors to sell at a specific price. one specifc price in dollars and another in DKK (danish).  If they do not follow these restriction, they are not allowed resell the products. (they actually thought I was joking when I told them them that they couldnt enter the price they wanted for each currency/language ;-)

Just trying to tell how the lack of this feature (either build or as plugin) actually can become a total showstopper for even considering using nopCommerce for a lot of solutions.

Best Regards :-)
Nicolai, Denmark
10 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
Yes - and since the team members in this thread states that they dont see it as crucial, and dont plan to do it in near future, and dont think codeplex reflects the need for this. Then I thought I might add here that we also in very much in need of it. :-)

Nicolai, Denmark

Dear Nicolai,

There is a simple way to do this in nopCommerce.

Create a Role for each different language / country
Assign a fixed Tier Price for quantity 1 for each of the Role

And when customer selects the particular site / language / country apply a corresponding role. (This needs to be customized, but it should be simple)

And you're done.

nopCommerce will then display a fixed price to a visitor.

Let me know if you need any help.

Thanks
Krunal

nopAccelerate.com
10 years ago
It works for me... does it work for you too? Thanks +1
10 years ago
thx- this looks like it might solve it. - I will try now :-)
10 years ago
This part

And when customer selects the particular site / language / country apply a corresponding role. (This needs to be customized, but it should be simple

this part above... any hints on how to do this would be appriciated? (assigning the role when user chooses language)

NB! my first nopCommerce soultion so im new to everything. it might be straight forward, I just cannot figure it out
10 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
This part

And when customer selects the particular site / language / country apply a corresponding role. (This needs to be customized, but it should be simple

this part above... any hints on how to do this would be appriciated? (assigning the role when user chooses language)

NB! my first nopCommerce soultion so im new to everything. it might be straight forward, I just cannot figure it out

It might be simpler with multi-store, which lets you select languages and currencies per store. In v3.1 (ETA end of july) you can assign tier prices per store.
10 years ago
thats nice with multistore (will for sure look into it later)...

But.. I need to fix a solution for this soon (version 2.8) - I can code , but im new to nopCommerce , so any hint on where I catch the language change action , so im able to customize(assign user role on language change) would be great :-)
10 years ago
Hi everybody

I now managed to get a source code version of my project up and running etc.

So now I will try to implement the solution with assigning a role. (and use tier prices)

NB! can I assign a role to a anonymous user (not logged in customer)? An can anyone give me a hint on where in codebase to do this assigment, so it becomes solid.?

best Regards?
Nicolai
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.