Page Not Found: Url Re-Write Problems

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
After hosting on temporary server I get page not found by categories & products. It worked fine on my local machine

I am a little new at this & would appreciate any guidance.

I have not altered the urlrewrite.config.

(Am I supposed to be creating virtual directories and copying the contents of urlrewrite.config to my hosting control panel as virtual directories using regex?)

Is there something else I'm missing?

Note: when I type in the actual physical path it does not work either.
(I.e: Neither com/category.aspx?categoryID=46 or    .com/Category/46-category-name.aspx work)

The products are there: search feature brings them all up.

Thanks in advance!
14 years ago
I have teh same problem, please advice...
14 years ago
on your local machine are you running as administrator?
14 years ago
I have enabled errors on my machine.
It tells me that a .ascx file is missing:~TemplatesCategoriesProductsInGrid.ascx, but it is there. The same is true for the TemplatesProductsVariantsInGrid.ascx (or Templats/Products/VariantsInGrid.ascx).

The result is that neither category pages nor product pages show.

I changed the path in the database of the requested file from

~TemplatesCategoriesProductsInGrid.ascx

to
'/~Templates/Categories/ProductsInGrid.ascx' (through using double back slash in sql server)

The resource definitely does exist. However it still tells me that resource is not found. I know its there. I see it & naming path is correct.

Can you offer any guidance?

Thank You!

Error copied below:

The file '/~Templates/Categories/ProductsInGrid.ascx' does not exist.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/~Templates/Categories/ProductsInGrid.ascx' does not exist.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/~Templates/Categories/ProductsInGrid.ascx' does not exist.]
   System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath) +8734413
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +113
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +101
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +51
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +8759894
   System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath) +48
   System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) +26
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.CategoryPage.CreateChildControlsTree() in Category.aspx.cs:51
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.CategoryPage.OnInit(EventArgs e) in Category.aspx.cs:59
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378
14 years ago
I solved the problem.

I changed in the database (Category & Product Templates) the template path from: TemplatesCategoriesProductsInGrid

to: //Templates//Categories//ProductsInGrid.   (Same idea for ProductTemplate Table)

Note on local host it worked fine without. This was only necessary for the hosted environment in which I was.

Hope this helps other people facing the same.
13 years ago
Thanks Td, your method works for me. :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.