Products or services with time validity

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi there,

I need to activate products that has time validty period. It's like a subscription to a magazine or a service: when a customer subscribe, he can access to downloadable products (i.e. montly webzine rather than download any software content), when subscription expires, download is unaccessible.

Do anybody have any idea how to setup this?

Thanks!
12 years ago
infinito62 wrote:
Hi there,

I need to activate products that has time validty period. It's like a subscription to a magazine or a service: when a customer subscribe, he can access to downloadable products (i.e. montly webzine rather than download any software content), when subscription expires, download is unaccessible.

Do anybody have any idea how to setup this?

Thanks!

For each downloadable product you can define the number of days during which download is available.

Otherwise there is a workitem (vote) for that: "Enhance nopCommerce to allow site owners to require a new member to pay for their membership at the time of registration. We need to allow store owner to select whether it's a one-time fee or a subscription model (e.g. $10 per month) ..." With it you could provide access for a limited period of time to all kinds of free downloadable products.

A third option would be using customer role "subscriber" to give 100% discount for downloadable products (others pay a price per product). You should then have procedures tocontrol who has the right to be"subscriber".
12 years ago
Thanks Eduardo - I voted and added a sinthetics but complete description of the idea.

Subscription services management is a complex task, if it doesn't offer enough flexibility and managing tools, have little or no use.
All carts available in Internet offer everything regarding one-time buy produts; I don't know any (maybe some exist) that offer subscription-basis management.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.