What happens when a recurring payment order is cancelled?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
If a customer purchases a product with a recurring order, nopCommerce notifies PayPal and PayPal sets up the recurring charges.

If a customer decides to cancel future payment cycles of the recurring payment product, does nopCommerce communicate this to PayPal so that PayPal will stop future automatic charges to the customers credit card?

Thanks,
Gary
12 years ago
Is there anyone who can help me with this?  It seems to me that if a customer or the shop owner cancels an order with a recurring product that nopCommerce should be able to notify PayPal so that PayPal will stop future charges.

Is this the way nopCommerce works for cancelled recurring orders?
12 years ago
Check this work item
12 years ago
Thanks, this work item you referenced is not exactly what I was asking about.

What I am looking for is information on how cancelled recurring orders are handled?  Once a customer cancels a recurring order or if the store owner cancels the recurring order, how does Pay Pal know that it is supposed to stop making recurring charges to a customers credit card?
12 years ago
SwimmingWorld wrote:
Thanks, this work item you referenced is not exactly what I was asking about.

What I am looking for is information on how cancelled recurring orders are handled?  Once a customer cancels a recurring order or if the store owner cancels the recurring order, how does Pay Pal know that it is supposed to stop making recurring charges to a customers credit card?

Yeah I know, I posted that for others that have other inquiries about recurring payments cancellations.

Sorry I cant help you
12 years ago
No problem, thanks for your time.  I added a comment to the work item to explain what I am looking for so that maybe it will be addressed as part of that work item.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.