stuffing the ballot :-)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,

Currently the method of choice for nop-commerce voting is one vote per registered user of codeplex. Votes are important cause they signal dev team what is more important and what is less important.

On the other hand there is the "community sponsorship program" which sucks because the main benefit is that you get a lame avatar instead of the cool one you already have ;-)

I've been thinking what would happen if people could not only vote with your one vote but also buy more votes for cash e.g. $3 / vote? This way NopCommerce would generate some revenue and (maybe it could get more hand on board so things could go a bit faster) and the users who are in need of some features and are willing to pay for them could do so for the benefit of community.

Filip
11 years ago
Hi Filip,

Community sponsorship program is more like donations and not a way to get more votes or any additional privilege. Codeplex does not support paid additional votes ($3/vote) so the only way to achieve it is to implemented this system (including all features, etc) on this nopCommerce official site. But why if you can always register a new account and vote one more time for free.

BTW, if would be great if CodePlex had a configurable number of votes per user as it's done on uservoice (for example, this one for EF)
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:

You can always register a new account and vote one more time for free.

Andrei,

Sure, I know .. I could probably write a bot to do that too .. but that would be cheating and secondly 1000 votes in one day on some issue important to me might look suspicious ;-)

Basically I was thinking about some solution along the lines if you give more to the community you get more from the community..

Filip
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
. But why if you can always register a new account and vote one more time for free.).

You can assign reward points according to earned karma and use rewards points as only payment method.
The price of a vote for a feature/task should be different in accordance to its difficulty (required time to accomplish it
11 years ago
my 2 cents :)

Top vote items don't guarantee priority  (look at top 3 items - they've been around a while)

If one is willing to pay for a feature, then why not just hire an independent developer, and then contribute the code.  (Of course no guarantee it will be accepted, but possible)
11 years ago
New York wrote:
Top vote items don't guarantee priority

Right

New York wrote:
look at top 3 items - they've been around a while

3 of 5 top items are already closed. 1 of them is still proposed (maybe, never be implemented in the core). and only 1 is active and still not implemented.
11 years ago
fkierzek wrote:

Andrei,

Sure, I know .. I could probably write a bot to do that too .. but that would be cheating and secondly 1000 votes in one day on some issue important to me might look suspicious ;-)

Basically I was thinking about some solution along the lines if you give more to the community you get more from the community..

Filip

Hire a developer to work on the items important to you and donate the code to the next version of nop.

You spend money and you get the improvements you want.

Simple :)
11 years ago
daveb wrote:

Nope. Not simple at all.

Random developers don't know NopCommerce. Also to hire a developer you need to find one, get a qute, write an agreement, get the stuff, and pay. Too complicated. Fine for "I need a new store here are the specs", but not so good for the 4 hour I need this thing here to do a new trick.

I wan't something to throw $25 at some issue (let's call it a bounty) so that maybe others can join in add some more cash to the table so that this influences dev team to do what I want in nop 2.6 instead of 2.9 ..

Filip
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:

3 of 5 top items are already closed. ... .

I meant Top 3 "Open (not closed)" items
11 years ago
fkierzek wrote:

Nope. Not simple at all.

Random developers don't know NopCommerce. Also to hire a developer you need to find one, get a qute, write an agreement, get the stuff, and pay. Too complicated. Fine for "I need a new store here are the specs", but not so good for the 4 hour I need this thing here to do a new trick.

I wan't something to throw $25 at some issue (let's call it a bounty) so that maybe others can join in add some more cash to the table so that this influences dev team to do what I want in nop 2.6 instead of 2.9 ..

Filip

Well if you approach things negatively they wont happen.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.