nop 2.50 extremely slow after adding 100 products (+ timeout expired error)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

I've just added around 120 products to a new (blank) nopCommerce 2.50 installation and now it's so slow it's unusable.
I can look at empty product categories OK but if I look at a category which contains a product, I simply get a timeout error. I really don't understand why this is happening? Can it really be the case that NopCommerce 2.50 simply cannot handle having 100 products in it's database?! Other nopCommerce sites seem to have more products than this, but all the ones I've found are 1.x sites rather than 2.x

The line which normally fails is this one:

Line 929:                var productVariants = query.ToList();
in  \Nop.Services\Catalog\ProductService.cs

Error: Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Nick
12 years ago
Agh!  Ignore this thread.  I had an unclosed transaction running in SQL Server query analyser which must have been locking the productVariant table!  Can't find a way to delete my post.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.