How to add weekly promotions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
hi,
I just want to add new option like "Weekly Promotions" and "Deals" and they have related items, how can I do this should I add new plug in or widgets.
or I can do it by modifying any existing code.
11 years ago
I've done it using a "Specials" category, and check "Show on Home Page" for that Category.    You can place products in more than one Category.

(Of course, if you are not showing other categories on the home page, then it might look funny.)
11 years ago
thanks thats help full but I also want that special category link in main nav-bar like
"HOME | Weekly Promotions | Contact us" . . . .
so any user can directly go this promotion page from nav-bar link
thanks in advance
11 years ago
I'm assuming you're not a developer, so, this is considered a bit of a hack, but it's easy to do...

Put your Special category on home page.  Then find it's URL (e.g. hover over it and look in status bar, or right click and copy link address)

Edit this file
C:\...your web folder ... \Views\Common\Menu.cshtml

After these lines:
<ul class="topmenu">
    <li><a href="@Url.RouteUrl("HomePage")">@T("HomePage")</a></li>

add this line
    <li><a href="/c/1/specials">Specials</a></li>

Your URL may not look exactly like  /c/1/specials,  but it should be close - copy your url from above directions - don't include any http:// or the web site name.

(You don't have to put it right after the Home menu item.  Just place after the menu option you want, but note that some are conditional, so put it after the  
@if ...
{
}
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.