URGENT!! {I want to Store Session in SQL} URGENT!!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I want to store session in sql because I losing session everytime. So I want to implement it using sql server. Anyone knows how to achieve this.?? Please help it's urgent..
11 years ago
HOW TO: Configure SQL Server to Store ASP.NET Session State

pankaj.kumar6401 wrote:
because I losing session everytime.

Do you mean logging out periodically? If yes, that's a bit another issue. In this case all you have to do is specify machinekey in your web.config file
11 years ago
Actually I have a shared wildcard certificate and when I go to ssl url I am loosing the session data. For example when I add product in cart then when it goes to shopping cart it show your cart is empty.

Shared Wildcard SSL Certificate is applied to another domain on same server. Can you help me on this.??
11 years ago
Why do you think that storing session in database could help? Usually people store it there when working with web farms.

It should work fine out of the box. I don't understand how it's related to shared SSL certificate. Maybe the issue is in hosting infrastructure. Sorry, I can't help you here. It requires some debugging.
11 years ago
pankaj.kumar6401 wrote:
Actually I have a shared wildcard certificate and when I go to ssl url I am loosing the session data. For example when I add product in cart then when it goes to shopping cart it show your cart is empty.

Shared Wildcard SSL Certificate is applied to another domain on same server. Can you help me on this.??

Clear all your browser cookies and report back that cookies being generate when you are on the non-SSL/SSL URLs.

As stated above, this sounds like a problem with the configuration of your hosting environment.
11 years ago
thank
11 years ago
JonEvans wrote:

Clear all your browser cookies and report back that cookies being generate when you are on the non-SSL/SSL URLs.

As stated above, this sounds like a problem with the configuration of your hosting environment.

I did what you said after deleting all cookies. When I went to non-SSL Url a cookie with the name Nop.Customer is made for the non-SSL Url and when I logged in through SSL URL then 2 cookies are made named Nop.Customer and NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH for SSL URL.

So, what does it means? Browser is treating both url as two different sites??

Ok, then what happen in the case if everything is working perfectly?? the cookies would be made for the same url or what..??
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.