How to make NOP run even faster. (Must have your own server, or Admin permissions)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hello,

I got around to optimization cheats to make NOP load really fast.

Windows 2008 - Using IIS7 it's a no brainier and really fast and easy to do w/o messing up. Please do this one step at a time unless you know what your doing. Please backup your ENTIRE webserver "FULL backup" with a cheap $100 external harddrive from bestbuy or some other store. That's a must if you can't back up Don't touch! (To restore: Win 2008 Disk, select repair, and back date..done) Ok lets go.

Don't bother editing "applicationhost.config" unless you want your entire BOX (all websites) to have this done, (definitely not recommended) or if you have less than Windows 2008. Why I won't know, but 2008 is the best OS period. You should all have it. The following procedure edits the webconfig file in your web directory(notepad go away)

IIS7> drill down to your Default website (not store)(this is website root downward)
Under Performance Category> Compression > Enable the following:
check box on: Dynamic Compression
check box on: Static Compression

Output caching: At root level
add .pdf,.swf or any other file other than html
Check box on: Kernal-Mode Caching
Using the file change notifications(These files don't ever change same stuff each time)IE: same pdf, same swf etc.
don't check user mode leave off

Go to "MYNOPSTORE" directory
highlight the store directory

Select "Output caching"
You should have "Inherited" pdf swf or whatever file you added listed here!
Add .jpg here and use Kernel_Mode

Select APP_themes> your current theme>Images>output caching
add .jpg,.png or whatever you made your custom skins with here. don't need .gif but you could add

select "templates" be careful here!!!!!!!!!!!! go down to:

select "Categories"
This time you can't use Kernel you could but different browser problems so "add" .aspx
then check  "User Mode Caching"
Click advanced in headers add "user-agent"
don't check off query string variables

select "Manufacturers"
This time you can't use Kernel you could but different browser problems so "add" .aspx

select "Products"

DO NOT SELECT "PAYMENTS" DIRECTORY Ok You definitely don't want that cached on your computer ever!

restart website

your should be fast(er)

This does not replace image optimization but it certainly helps. If you want even faster load you must debabalize each image and re render and upload. And thats the game!

Hope this helps anyone.

Mike
old supports

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/380/improving-performance-with-native-output-caching/
14 years ago
if you use a hosted solution, most of this can be turned on in the web.config file.
14 years ago
What should be edited to the web.config to make it faster?
14 years ago
Watch this video.

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/380/improving-performance-with-native-output-caching/

You can edit it manually or do it in IIS7. I used IIS7 it automatically places in the webconfig file for caching of certain websites.

Hopefully, this will help. It helped me now I just have to worry about SQL injections.:(
Mike
14 years ago
Yesterday I posted in the general forum on a similar topic.  If you address viewstate you should be good to go.
14 years ago
Mike, your post was good and I have implemented
all of it.

Good show, keep adding

;)
11 years ago
dear friends , this video doesnt show how to make settings from iss7 , video show only how to make in config ile , how we can make it in web.config ? or iss someone made it before and what about sql injections ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.