Upgrading from 2.50 to latest version

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi Guys

Can anyone tell me if when upgrading to a new version does this render earlier Plugin version's useless ie:

I have a website in version 2.50 which is working fine with custom plugins made for 2.50, but I need
to upgrade to get some of the newer functionality like EU Cookies for argument sake, but if I upgrade does
that mean that my 2.50 plugins will no longer be available for that site?

Kind Regards
Ron
11 years ago
It depends on your custom plugins. If you get the latest version of nopCommerce (upcoming 2.60) here, all built-in plugins already works.

But in most cases, you can simply open an appropriate Description.txt file and update SupportedVersions field. See "Upgrading nopCommerce may break plugins" section in "How to write a nopCommerce plugin" article for more info.

Also have a look at developer documentation. It describes most of existing plugin types. It could be useful for you if coding is required
11 years ago
Thanks Andrei

I might just give that a try, I have tried to install the EU Changeset into 2.50 but it does
not want to play, I have checked and double checked but cannot get it to work.

Kind Regards
Ron
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.