Campaign Details Problem

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi,
    On the Edit Campaign Details page, I am having a problem getting the message tokens to work.  They show up in the drop down list, but when I put them in the body of the e-mail message they are displayed as literal text.  For instance, I put %Store.Name% under my signature at the bottom of the e-mail and it is displayed in the e-mail as %Store.Name%.  I know that there is a limited list of allowed message tokens for the campaign section, but none of them are being displayed correctly.  When I looked at the code, it doesn't appear that any of the tokens are being translated. Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob Pinella

PS. I have version 1.3 of the NopCommerce Application.
14 years ago
Hi Bob,

When you insert the message tokens into the editor body, they will not be converted to the correct value.

They are only converted when the email/campaign is actually sent.

In the case of the store name token, it will display as %StoreName% in the editor body but should be replaced with your store name on the email.

I've sent a few from my demo store to make sure so if they don't work for me I will let you know.

Hope this helps,
Ben
14 years ago
Just to let you know - the test email does not replace the message tokens but when you "send mass email" it does.

Tested with release 1.30 and current trunk
14 years ago
Hello,
   Thank you for the reply.  That makes sense because I was only testing the "Send Test Email" functionality.  I never got around to sending out the campaign using the "Send Mass Email" button.  I have a couple of requests/suggestions on my wish list for a future release of this product:

1)It would be great if the message token functionality could be included in the test e-mail functionality in a future release of this product.  

2)On the login page, if you enter the wrong password, the login failure text that appears pushes the captcha image as well as the login button down so that it is on top of the text on that page.  In Internet Explorer 8, you can still click the login button, although it is lower on the page than it should be.  In Firefox the login button gets pushed down so that it is overlaying the text and you cannot click the login button once this happens.  At this point you have to hit enter to attempt to login again. (BUG)

3)This is only a suggestion for a future release: when you change your password, there is only one textbox for the new password.  You should include a "Confirm your new Password" textbox so that if the user enters the wrong password accidentally this mistake will be caught.  Otherwise the customer will have to go through the hassle of sending the "Forgot your password" e-mail again.

I just wanted to thank you for such an excellent shopping cart software - it provides a great deal of functionality and flexibility.  Thanks for your time.

Bob Pinella
14 years ago
Thanks for suggestions. I'll create work items for these tasks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.