problem upgrading from 1.9 to 2.4

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I followed the insdtrcution on the upgrades from 1.9 to 2.0, 2.0...  now that after running the upgrade script and starting the project in the 2010, I get an error from the install screen.

•Setup failed: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains more than one element at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.<GetElementFunction>b__3[TResult](IEnumerable`1 sequence) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.ExecuteSingle[TResult](IEnumerable`1 query, Expression queryRoot) at System.Data.Objects.ELinq.ObjectQueryProvider.System.Linq.IQueryProvider.Execute[S](Expression expression) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.DbQueryProvider.Execute[TResult](Expression expression) at System.Linq.Queryable.Single[TSource](IQueryable`1 source) at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallSettings() in C:\VisualStudioProjects\GASOOnlineStore\GASO_Converted\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 4533 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallData(String defaultUserEmail, String defaultUserPassword, Boolean installSampleData) in C:\VisualStudioProjects\GASOOnlineStore\GASO_Converted\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 9409 at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in C:\VisualStudioProjects\GASOOnlineStore\GASO_Converted\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 434
11 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/10620/200-beta-install-error-new-rev-existing-db.aspx
11 years ago
Thanks for your reply. I followed that but now I'm getting a different error:

•Setup failed: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Nop.Services.Configuration.SettingService.SetSetting[T](String key, T value, Boolean clearCache) in C:\VisualStudioProjects\GASOOnlineStore\GASO_Converted\Libraries\Nop.Services\Configuration\SettingService.cs:line 154 at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ISettingService , String , Object , Boolean ) at Nop.Services.Configuration.ConfigurationProvider`1.SaveSettings(TSettings settings) in C:\VisualStudioProjects\GASOOnlineStore\GASO_Converted\Libraries\Nop.Services\Configuration\ConfigurationProvider.cs:line 53 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallSettings() in C:\VisualStudioProjects\GASOOnlineStore\GASO_Converted\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 4447 at Nop.Services.Installation.InstallationService.InstallData(String defaultUserEmail, String defaultUserPassword, Boolean installSampleData) in C:\VisualStudioProjects\GASOOnlineStore\GASO_Converted\Libraries\Nop.Services\Installation\InstallationService.cs:line 9409 at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in C:\VisualStudioProjects\GASOOnlineStore\GASO_Converted\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 434
11 years ago
this to me looks like your settings.txt file maybe start a version 2.0 and copy the resultant settings.txt file somewhere you will need this when upgrading from 2.0 through to 2.5

do a google search on some of the error and an answer will come up.

This is how i have managed to fix all my problems upgrading from 1.9 to 2.5

good luck
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.