What is need of field "Manufacturer part number" and "GTIN (global trade item number)"?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
What is need of field "Manufacturer part number" and "GTIN (global trade item number)"?
how are these fields implemented?Is there any logic behind this?
11 years ago
Dharmik wrote:
how are these fields implemented?Is there any logic behind this?

These are product standard codes/identifiers which might be helpuful to exhibit to customers in some situations  GTIN can include UPC (in North America), EAN (in Europe), JAN (in Japan), and ISBN (for books).They are not used within the logic of Nop.
11 years ago
I know that google/froogle product feed uses "Manufacturer part number", I believe to link your products to the same products sold elsewhere.  It can also come in handy if you need to re-order products and instead of looking up thru brochures what the product number is, you have it right there.

I think its great to have a spot where you can put that information, kinda like the "product cost" field, just helps with managing things a bit better.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.