nop ver 1.90: I I need help - the Import from Excel is not working & I got over 1600 products need loading!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
The error message is:

'Products$' is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long. System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException (0x80004005): 'Products$' is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long. at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(OleDbHResult hr) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.ExportImport.ExcelHelper.ReadTable(String tableName, ExcelHelperReadTableMode mode, String criteria) in C:\NopCommerce\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\ExportImport\ExcelHelper.cs:line 111 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.ExportImport.ImportManager.ImportProductsFromXls(String filePath) in C:\NopCommerce\Libraries\Nop.BusinessLogic\ExportImport\ImportManager.cs:line 221 at NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Administration.Modules.ProductsControl.btnImportXLS_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\NopCommerce\NopCommerceStore\Administration\Modules\Products.ascx.cs:line 273

I have done a find on the .xls to find "Product$" and  it is  not there -- I manually scanned the file and it is just not there.

The last time I used this feature was in Ver 1.80 and it worked great every time?

I read the release notes and there is not a listing.

I NEED SOME HELP BECAUSE I DID NOT THINK THIS WAS POSSIBLE AND I AM TOO LATE WITH THE UPDATES!
11 years ago
"Products" needs to be the name of your sheet (tab) in the file
11 years ago
Hi,
Once Check Out Admin site
catalog-->products->managed products
there u can see import or export excel
u can upload any no of titles

Thanks & Regards
Kumar
11 years ago
THE PROBLEM WAS MY FAULT; IMPORT FROM EXCEL IS WORKING JUST FINE EXCEPT FOR THE UNHELPFULL ERROR MESSAGES!

In the interest of saving other users from falling pray to the same misleading error message I am detailing the conditions:

I USE SGL FOR THE PROCESS OF CREATING THE UPLOAD NEW PRODUCTS FILE .xls FILE FOR THE IMPORT FUNCTION; THUS:

1. I IMPORT THE SUPPLIER'S FILES THAT CONTAIN ALL OF TTHE PRODUCT INFO USING THE SGL IMPORT/EXPORT TOOL.
   2. REFORMAT RECORDS INTO THE NOP IMPORT STANDARD FORMAT; WHICH IS A MAPPING OF FIELD & CALC OF NUMBERS.
   3  MATCH THE IMPORT FILES AGAINST THE NOPVARENT TABLE USING SKU / MPN AND DROP DUPLICATE RECORDS.
   4  EXPORT THE REMAINING TABLE USING THE SGL IMPORT/EXPORT TOOL.

5. UPLOAD NEW PRODUCTS FILE .xls FILE USING THE NOP IMPORT FUNCTION

IT WAS ON THE LAST STEP (5) THAT I GOT THE ERROR MESSAGE!

Because I have been working 18x7 for the last few weeks (I getting too old for this) and took the error message at face value and started trying to find the string "Products$" in the upload file since that was not the name of the file, and I reconized the "$" symbol as the naming syntax for a SQL table that was imported from Excel. THE PROBLEM WAS THAT THE STRING DID NOT EXIST IN THE FILE HENCE THE POST.

After the post, I got a couple of hours sleep, and when I got a fresh look at the problem I relasized that I had forgot to delete the Primary Key Column from the .xls file file before I tried to do the NOP import.

The  Primary Key Column is 1 x 1 index that SQL needed that is not in the NOP STANDARD format. I deleted the column an the import works great. I added it back an got the same error massaage, but the error is repeatable!

So if anyone gets this error message tell them that the NAME column MUST be the first field in the record!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.