sql manager

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi
I am on sql 2008, sql express for the site. Still on my local machine and not deployed yet.

I head that upgrading will need to make use of the sql server management studio.
I downloaded this and tried to install but it says it needs .net framework 3.5 sp1.

I dont think I run .net 3.5, but using 4.0. (cannot find 3.5 in programs and features). Initially
I had the problem installing VS2010, miraculously the installation worked after i removed 3.5.
So I haven got 3.5 but 4.

Now should I install 3.5 to get the management studio to work?
11 years ago
Yes MSSQLSERVER will do this for you... It will automatically run this for you if you have an internet connection.

Then instal MVC 3 and this will bring down the .net 4 framwork and hopefully away you go.

Hope this helps.
11 years ago
Hi Mate, a pity England lost... penalties are always cruel, better luck next time.

I dont fully get you, sorry, I already have MVC3 and I already have SQL server 2008.
On the error message, it actually gives me a link to install .net 3.5. Should I just install
it?
11 years ago
Hi

I'm Welsh so no worries on that!! :D I was laughing !!!

Back everything up install. You can always reinstall If it goes wrong...

Make sure you back everything up before you do and just go ahead.

Cheers

Richard
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.