Email on load balanced servers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Looking at the process that sends email, there doesn't appear to be any locking of the records while the process is attempting send emails. Take for example a load balanced environment, where two separate instances of nop are running and both are going to try and send email. There is the potential for duplicate emails being sent. Ok, i could disable the task on one server however that means if a box goes off someone will have to go and re-enable that task. By the way, having to update the web.config to enable/disable the task is a pita, i seem to recall in early versions of nop there was a scheduled tasks admin section or maybe i'm thinking of another app.
11 years ago
seanrock wrote:
Looking at the process that sends email, there doesn't appear to be any locking of the records while the process is attempting send emails. Take for example a load balanced environment...

Right. Currently nopCommerce does not support web farms yet. But it's on the roadmap

seanrock wrote:
By the way, having to update the web.config to enable/disable the task is a pita, i seem to recall in early versions of nop there was a scheduled tasks admin section or maybe i'm thinking of another app.

There were no admin UI for managing tasks in the previous versions, But it's on the roadmap (please vote here). BTW, schedule tasks are stored into database (not in web.config) since version 2.30.
11 years ago
Thanks Andrei,

The version in question is 1.9, heavily modify for client's requirements.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.