Shipping by product? Category? or Manufacturer?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
For example I see I can setup shipping so that any order over X amount will receive free shipping

But can I set this by Product / Category or Manufacturer? So if a given product is added to the cart it is subject to shipping regardless of whatever else is in the cart?

I'm guess this is not a current feature but I wanted to ask to be sure.
11 years ago
ibeauthentic wrote:
For example I see I can setup shipping so that any order over X amount will receive free shipping

But can I set this by Product / Category or Manufacturer? So if a given product is added to the cart it is subject to shipping regardless of whatever else is in the cart?

I'm guess this is not a current feature but I wanted to ask to be sure.

Maybe you could do it with Negative Discounts. Check/vote for this work item.
11 years ago
Shipping Director can do custom shipping scenarios.  SD has ability to pack (or not) just specific items.  Packed items then get normal shipping rates applied.
There are probably a couple of ways to do what you want.
In general something like

If cart $ total > X and does not contain Product Y (or any product in Category X), 
then Free Shipping
Otherwise Pack all items subject to shipping and calc the rate

Here's a blog that may interest you.  http://www.noptools.com/blog/tag/FreeShipping

It's an advanced shipping scenario, so fee free to PM me, or use the Contact page at noptools.com
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.