Error on upgrade 2.5 to 2.6

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi

Just upgraded from 2.5 to 2.6 & ran into a problem

I am not seeing my site, just getting the error page.

I think I have done everything correctly, ran upgrade.sql, deleted 2.5, uploaded 2.6, replaced /App_Data/InstalledPlugins.txt
& /App_Data/Settings.txt plus my custom files.

I found an error when I ran  the sql script - not sure if this is the source of the problem or not.

Error  1  Cannot find either column "nref" or the user-defined function or aggregate "nref.value", or the name is ambiguous.  upgrade.sql  870  8  Miscellaneous Files
Error  2  Cannot find either column "nref" or the user-defined function or aggregate "nref.value", or the name is ambiguous.  upgrade.sql  870  46  Miscellaneous Files
Error  3  Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate "dbo.nop_getprimarykey_indexname", or the name is ambiguous.  upgrade.sql  2608  18  Miscellaneous Files
Error  4  Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate "dbo.nop_getprimarykey_indexname", or the name is ambiguous.  upgrade.sql  2614  18  Miscellaneous Files
Error  5  Cannot find either column "dbo" or the user-defined function or aggregate "dbo.nop_getprimarykey_indexname", or the name is ambiguous.  upgrade.sql  2620  18  Miscellaneous Files
Error  6  Cannot find either column "nref" or the user-defined function or aggregate "nref.value", or the name is ambiguous.  upgrade.sql  2689  23  Miscellaneous Files
Error  7  Cannot find either column "nref" or the user-defined function or aggregate "nref.value", or the name is ambiguous.  upgrade.sql  2689  61  Miscellaneous Files
Error  8  Invalid column name 'AllowGuestsToVote'.  upgrade.sql  2783  5  Miscellaneous Files
Error  9  Invalid column name 'AllowGuestsToVote'.  upgrade.sql  2784  7  Miscellaneous Files

Any help gratefully received.
11 years ago
Ok, gone through the whole procedure again, third times a charm!

Now have a working site, though appear to now have problems applying my theme from 2.5.

I see from other posts i need to use a file comparison to manually apply changes to the views I've altered.
Is this the only way of updating a theme?

Sorry for "newbie" questions, first time upgrading  nopcommerce & learning as I go.

I must say on the whole I like the cart, nice to see a good .net solution!
11 years ago
I experience the same problem with the errors upon executing the upgrade script.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.