nopNatural

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Take a peek. I'll be submitting this to the team when I am finished. It has a 2 tier dynamic dropdown menu. Check out the dropdown on the new products link.

I expect to be in production within a month.

Oh and it's running on godaddy.

http://ethospoint.com/nopcommerce/default.aspx
14 years ago
The domain that I have registed for this theme is ethosnatural.com. I also have kitgrower.com and kitgardener.com which will have different themes.

I can't thank the nop team enough for sharing this stack as open source. One way I can think of though is to send them some work. After spending a few weeks on this app, I can tell anyone considering them for contracts that this team is top notch. The framework of the app is flawless.

If anyone is interested in this design, please request it through the team. I can send it to them now as is, but there are a lot of comments and images that need to be cleaned up before it can be themed on this site.  The dynamic menu is supported by two separate  sitemaps, one for the top tier, and one for the lower. The images folder includes all of the photoshop .psd files so that you can change the theme without a lot of additional work.

Once again, hats off to the nop team.
14 years ago
AWESOME! Great job.  Wish i knew how to do it....

Len
14 years ago
Not a problem. I am quite willing to share the theme, and the others that I design later with the community. However, I will leave the distribution to the team since this is their app. I will only submit file sets to the nop team.

The file set will have to be cleaned up before they will be ready to bundle into a nop theme, and I'm still playing around with some ideas before launching a production site, so I'm not quite ready to upload it yet.

Presently, I am working on a div to the left of the currency selector for a flash intro on the home page, and a non-flash tagline on all other pages. You don't want a flash object running on every page load, so I may have to build a seperate root.master for the default page only.
14 years ago
Who is your host?  I like the speed of your site.
14 years ago
It is running on godaddy. I know that is hard to believe but they have provisioned new asp.net and sql servers lately that seem to be working well.  If you have godaddy now, and are not pleased with your load time, I would suggest that you contact an account rep to request that your account be moved to a newer server. You may have to purchase a new premium hosting account to get them to do this for you, but it will be worth it since this app requires good processing times.

I also recommend that we use the nop team's hosts as much as possible to support the project. I would like to see this project rival zenCart as quickly as possible, and I believe it has that potential. In the future, I will refer external accounts who can afford premium hosting to the nop team when I develop their sites with the nop application.
14 years ago
Hi,mr_natural,

can you tell me what's your plan name on Godaddy?

Sharing host or dedicated server?
if it's sharing host,
DELUXE PLAN or UNLIMITED PLAN?

I am just thinking to deploy my site on Webhost4life,
just saw your site,amazing speed!

thanks
14 years ago
This account is goDaddy shared hosting deluxe plan (middle of the road plan.) However the deluxe plan only allows two sql databases so I will be upgrading to the unlimited plan soon to take advantage of the unlimited sql database feature.

GoDaddy has always been an affordable host, but some of my clients have had bad experiences with them over the years and insist that I host their sites somewhere else. But goDaddy has come a long way in performance and customer service in the last 2 years, so I always suggest that site ownwers try them on a month to month payment basis first, and if they are satisfied, then contract for the yearly plan.

You may notice that I have provisioned the site with the forum and some features disabled. This may also have something to do with the speed, but all of the sites that I have running on this server seem to be pretty quick.
14 years ago
...oh, and I  also have a couple of zenCarts running on this hosting account for development purposes and they load very quickly also. I'm more of an asp.net developer (nowhere in this team's league I can assure you) so I am very happy to see nopCommerce come along to compete with zenCart.

I believe this application has the potential to take the lead from zenCart after a few more releases.
14 years ago
mr_natural,thanks for you message,
It's helpful for me cause i am choosing hosting server now.

I really agree with you that the nopCommerce is a great shopping cart system.
When i first saw it, I decided to give up developing of my own ecommerce system.
Now i am working on some new functions base on nopcommerce.
Such as a filter module on category page
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.