New Customer notes on order

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
We need a way for the customer to add their special comments to the order before placing it in the system.

I have seen several entrys for this request with no response from the NC team.

Thanks,
  Tgravitt
14 years ago
This feature is not implemented. But it's on our roadmap.
14 years ago
Hello AM,  
  How can I allow the customer to add special notes to the order when placing it?

I know the database and several .aspx and .ascx pages would need to be updated to make this happen
  can you point me in the right direction on how to get the customer the ability to add notes?

This is a reqiurement by my users.

Thanks,
   tg
14 years ago
The most logic place would be at the end, just before the order is actually placed/confirmed. For this, you should add the text option(s) to ~/Modules/CheckoutConfirm.ascx.
Besides that, you probably want to store the remarks with the order. You can add a function to the OrderManager class for this. Something like SaveOrderComment(int OrderID) and store it in a new database table.

Then, to view the comment, you also want to change the file ~/Administration/Modules/OrderDetails.ascx and get the comment from the database table in there.

Good luck!
14 years ago
I will be working on this and keep you posted on the outcome.

Thanks,
  TLG
14 years ago
i would like to suggest put textbox for each item in shopping cart, i think this could be better user experience
11 years ago
Does this feature exist in ver 2.5? I'd like a way for the customer to be able to add notes to the order before placing it. Or even be able to use a credit card to purchase but allow enter a P.O. number for the order, or any special instructions.
11 years ago
ibeauthentic wrote:
Does this feature exist in ver 2.5? I'd like a way for the customer to be able to add notes to the order before placing it. Or even be able to use a credit card to purchase but allow enter a P.O. number for the order, or any special instructions.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/16700/messagefield-in-checkout.aspx
11 years ago
Thanks very much !! looks to be exactly it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.