How to install nopCommerce on Azure

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/develop/net/common-tasks/enable-ssl/
11 years ago
Lila wrote:
Really great guide for newbies like me.
You explained earlier the way to download the nopcommerce source code from azure using ftp server. How can I open the downloaded files with Visual Studio? In the wwwroot there is no .sln or anything like this available. I also tried WebMatrix, but the Visual Studio Button is disabled (I am using VS 2012 Pro).
Thanks for your help!

I'm a newbie too but I'll try to help since I'm usin the tools you are asking about and am trying to avoid using FTP (old dog doesn't want to learn a new trick figuring out nopCommerce is enough for now).

I am using Web Matrix and what I did is the following.

First I downloaded my site into Web Matrix through the GUI.
Then if I want to edit a file in Visual studio I click on the Files option in the lower right, this activates the Visual Studio button which then opens the website as a solution.  

Make changes and save, Web Matrix will see the changes.

Use Web Matrix to publish changes to the live website on Azure.
For quick changes like changing an image file I just use Web Matrix I don't even bother with Visual Studio.

I'm using Win 8 and Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate but Pro should work the same. I hope this helps.
11 years ago
Azure WebSites do not support domain specific SSL, you will have to use built in SSL.
Azure Cloud Services support domain specific SSL, but there is not ftp access to upload nopCommerce binaries (as nopCommerce cannot be uploaded using Visual Studio deploy).

Any ideas on how to download nopCommerce to Azure Cloud Services?
11 years ago
feelyd, your site http://www.lovekidsbooks.com/ runs pretty fast on azure. Which web site mode are you running? Shared or Reserved? If reserved what is the capacity of the instance you are using?

feelyd posted his websites here at the forum, but if any of you guys can supply me the some information about how "big" your Azure webhost capacity is, before nopCommerce runs relative fast, please do so :).

Atm i'm running a free web site instance on azure and it takes 5 - 10 seconds to load a product group with 4 items. Allover there is currently only 2 categories and 5 items in the database.

I know nopCommerce is fast on the right hardware, i would just like to know how much hardware it needs when running on Azure.

EDIT: I see that the caching of nopCommerce works quite well. After have visted a page, revisiting only takes a few seconds. Visiting a unvisted page still takes 5 - 10 seconds.
11 years ago
I'm running the free instance on Azure and it takes a couple seconds for the first page to load  but after that it loads fine.
also if I hit  mywebsite@azure  instead of using my domain name it works really well.
11 years ago
Hi Sojburg,

Thanks for the complement. The lovekidsbooks.com The site is running on a reserved mode , with a medium spec, which is 2 cores and 3.5 gigs.

Maybe it runs a bit better for you, but I still think the performance is a little slow for me in Ireland. Possibly some bandwidth issues or network lag.

I've also tried the large instance before going back to the medium. I didn't notice any performance gain. Plus brought my instance count up to 2, before going back to one again.

What I have been working on a lot in the last few months is image optimization. So for images coming onto the site I'm compressing them on the fly and reducing quality. I then cache the image in the browser.
For some of my site's I've reduced the page size from 1.2M down to 600KB. This has really made a differences for me.

If anyone is interested in this message me. It's implemented as a HTTP handler.
10 years ago
feelyd, thank you for your reply.

What are you doing about the long "first time" loading problem, when the iis have reset the assemblies, so the next user have to wait for the assemblies to load and therefore the site is slow for that user. Are you using a ping service?

How many product and categories do you have in your store?
10 years ago
Is it possible to install nopCommerce on Azure as a Cloud Service?  (I use cloud service for my other projects so I have separate staging and production environments)
10 years ago
dmallinak wrote:
Is it possible to install nopCommerce on Azure as a Cloud Service?  (I use cloud service for my other projects so I have separate staging and production environments)

Hi,
We are currently running nopcommerce 3.0 on azure though it has some limitations / need some tweaks and doesn't support scaling (which is one of the key features on azure).

A great starting point was this blog
http://blog.jamesfkinney.com/2012/03/12/nopcommerce_azure/
Also for migrating the database we use this
http://sqlazuremw.codeplex.com/

Which is great!

Hope this helps, and if you have any issues just write it down here as I guess there is a lot of people monitoring this thread.

Cheers
10 years ago
I installed nopCommerce ver3.10 into Azure. For now there is no problem.

The following is an actual nopCommerce  on Azure.

http://www.digipubrank.net/

It also includes Japanese language pack for ver3.10.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.