Categories Header Menu

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi

Silly question possibly, but I need to ask it ..

The menu from the CategoriesHeaderMenu is CSS based.. Ok?

Please.. where do I locate the CSS for this.

I got the various class and id's by viewing the browser page source.  THen in the styles.css I set my own bg image which is fine - tried to set the element width because it is rendering different to the page width and I am seeing a grey background behind my image with rounded corners - So, I set background image on the element to none, background-color to transparent,  set border-radius to none but both still show although other changes I make such as font colour, size; li heights and so on are accepted. So, I am wondering where the CSS for the plugIn gets written too so I can examine it.

here is what I did in my Styles.css file to prove my point; the point being that regardless of what I am telling the elements to do the background of the CatHeaderMenu is still showing with rounded corners and a background color of #3C3C3C. If I add a background image it 'overlays' the gray, meaning if I make the element less than the page width the gray shows for the remainder. Any ideas?????

.sf-menu
{
    border-radius:0px;
    background-image:none;
    background-color:transparent;
}

.categoriesHeaderMenu
{
}

ul#SuperFishMenuId
{
}

ul#SuperFishMenuId li
{
}

Thanks
11 years ago
Hi

for those of you clambering to point me in the right direction - you missed your chance.

I had to prefix CatHeaderMenu elements with .master-wrapper-page then .categoriesHeaderMenu etc etc though for some reason css to the li's and a's was picked up;  so too was my background image being applied - but it would not remove the plugIn styling from the element unless I prefixed the class and id with the master page wrapper.. Ho Hum, such is the illlogic of CSS .

Cheers anyway.
11 years ago
Themes>DarkOrange>Content>styles.css

anyway why don't want to change some html markup and write your own css to meet your requirements?
11 years ago
Paul.g

Thanks for your answer but in my case that is not so. I searched the whole solution for these classes which the categoriesMenu  uses, .categoriesHeaderMenu .sf-menu and nothing was returned at all. I then manuallly searched the styles.css and every directory within nopcommerce "just incase" and found no references to the menu css. I guessed therefore that the css is embeded in the plugin dll when it  gets installed?

After I created my own css, and as an afterthought, I went back to the plugin - preinstall files - and saw the css file there (should have looked first, you're right!) so guess as I said, the css is embeded within the plugin dll? but over-writable within styles.css.

thanks for the answer anyway.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.