Blog capabilities

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
hi nopCommerce gurus!

I wanted to know if any time in the future blogs would be made open to registered users. such as a Wordpress system but for nopCommerce of course. Unless I'm missing something and that is already possible? if so, please point me in the right direction.
11 years ago
Currently only store owners can blog. I don't think this feature will appear in nopCommerce because there are a lot of other e-commerce tasks planned to be done first
11 years ago
gotcha, thanks for the answer a.m.
11 years ago
Hello all-

I understand that there are no plans to increase the level of functionality for the blog feature, but I am wondering if it might be possible to extend the "search system" to also include results from the blog posts.  I assume it woulld just be a matter of extending the search query to look in the blog database table as well as the products database table. Has anyone done anything like this before?

Thanks,
Steve
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Currently only store owners can blog.

Andrei, through ACL's it is possible to assign only Manage Blog to Content Managers correct?  Not ideal, but does allow for multiple bloggers to be assigned, assuming you don't need multiple editors for other content.
11 years ago
SWW wrote:
Andrei, through ACL's it is possible to assign only Manage Blog to Content Managers correct?  Not ideal, but does allow for multiple bloggers to be assigned, assuming you don't need multiple editors for other content.

You're talking about blogging in admin area. But the author of the original post meant writing blog posts in the public store by registered users (not by store owners). That's two distinct tasks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.