Running 2.6 in VS 2010

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Can you tell what is the exact error you are getting ? If you don't see error description then temporarily enable ASP.net errors from the arvixe control panel.

Regards,
Aamir
11 years ago
Aamir

thanks for getting back to me. Funny thing. I applied the dll's you provided to my system test site on arvixe. I restarted the app pool and website. i deleted the local cache. The website was not working. The changes did not seem to have any effect. I then went to bed. So i get up this morning and the system test website is working again. So there must be a cache of some sort the arvixe side. If this is the case i dont know how to force this to refresh.

Anyway i have applied the exact same changes to my uat and it is not working. The full stack trace is

[ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.]
   System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes() +4
   System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() +61
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() +2791

[Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() +3469

[Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() +3800

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethodsCore(ICollection`1 methods, Func`1 setHostingEnvironmentCultures) +550
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +132
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath) +90
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +135
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +516

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9873912
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

I will wait and see if this starts working before i apply the changes to my live site

thanks for your help

Tommy
11 years ago
I just tried a https link to my uat site because i thought that might bypass all cacheing but unforetuneately i am still getting the same error.

So I am a little confused now but i will keep on looking.
11 years ago
Ok its all sorted now. Thank you Aamir for your dlls. they worked fantastically. you are a life saver. the problems i had were to do with additional plugins that i had that used fluent validation. thank you so much for making those dlls available

Tommy
11 years ago
Maverick101 wrote:
Hi

I have a nop 2.5 site on arvixe. they recently upgraded to ASP.NET 4.5 and my site has stopped working. I have tried the steps suggested by aamir_nop. i copied the files across to their respective folders on arvixe and restarted the app pool. unfortuneately it did not fix the problem for me.

I was just wondering if anyone else has tried this on 2.5 and how they got on. I am just trying to figure out if i have done something wrong or i have missed something

thanks

Tommy

I am having same issue as you
11 years ago
Hi,

After replacing the DLLs, did you do a restart application from admin ? If not, do that.

Regards,
Aamir
11 years ago
Hi guys,

We wrote a step by step guide of how to run your nopCommerce (version before 2.65) with .NET 4.5 installed and without the "Operation could destabilize the runtime" error.
http://www.nop-templates.com/blog/29/step-by-step-guide-for-solving-of-the-nopcommerce-fluentvalidation-and-net-45-problem

Hope this helps!
11 years ago
After doing all this, my Nop2.5 site is now up, but, cant create fourm topics I get the same Operation could destabilize the runtime error, cant get into admin area I get " Specified file does not exist: "~/Content/telerik.common.min.css". I tried copying the missing file, but still no fun.
Everything was working fine till last night, not sure what Arvixe did, or what happened suddenly that I started facing these issues, please help...
11 years ago
Is there a clean version of NOP 2.5 available for download which would not cause this issue?
11 years ago
7Spikes wrote:
Hi guys,

We wrote a step by step guide of how to run your nopCommerce (version before 2.65) with .NET 4.5 installed and without the "Operation could destabilize the runtime" error.
http://www.nop-templates.com/blog/29/step-by-step-guide-for-solving-of-the-nopcommerce-fluentvalidation-and-net-45-problem

Hope this helps!

Absolutely brilliant tutorial! I just had this error on a 2.6 site and quickly got it working again thanks to this! :)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.