2.50 to 2.60 error in upgrade.sql script

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I'm attempting to upgrade our site from 2.50 to 2.60. After backing up the database, I executed the upgrade.sql script over my database. Since it reported that the query completed with errors, I searched and found the following:

(1 row(s) affected)
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 5
Invalid object name 'TaxRate'.

(1 row(s) affected)

This was the only error in hundreds of lines of nothing but "(1 row(s) affected)".

My database should have been a stock 2.50 version - I haven't added (or removed) anything.

What is the significance of this and what should I do next?
11 years ago
There's only one reference to TaxRate in that script

UPDATE [TaxRate]
SET [Zip] = null
WHERE [Zip] = N'*'

Do you have a TaxRate table in your DB?

You can manually execute above; just be sure you are in your 2.6 DB  (USE ...)
11 years ago
New York wrote:
Do you have a TaxRate table in your DB?

I think, no.

@Grakoos The upgrade script should validate whether this table (TaxRate) exists. You don't have this table because you deleted an appropriate plugin. Simply remove the following SQL from your upgrade script and execute it one more time:
UPDATE [TaxRate]
SET [Zip] = null
WHERE [Zip] = N'*'
GO
11 years ago
I don't have a TaxRate table in my database. It is likely that I deleted that plugin, when I was trying to speed up the application by deleting any plugin that was not in use.

Thank you for the responses!

Craig.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.