Discount Requirement Plugin (customer specific pricing/discounts)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi,
Does anybody know if the discount requirement plugin interface allows the plugin to actually calculate and apply the discount itself, or does it just enable or disable a discount as it's configured on the main interface?

The problem is my customer has quite a complicated customer pricing model, certain customers can have a percentage discount applied to products in certain categories, but the percentage levels for each category and the categories are different for each customer.

eg Customer Alice could have the following discounts

Audio Players 12%
Books 10%
Computers 5%

But customer Bob could have:

Books 5%
Computers 20%
Desks 25%

I'm trying to find out if there's any way to implement anything like this in NC without spending weeks altering the core code to make it highly bespoke.  Any ideas how I could achieve this?

Nick
11 years ago
nmg196 wrote:
Hi,
Does anybody know if the discount requirement plugin interface allows the plugin to actually calculate and apply the discount itself, or does it just enable or disable a discount as it's configured on the main interface?

The problem is my customer has quite a complicated customer pricing model, certain customers can have a percentage discount applied to products in certain categories, but the percentage levels for each category and the categories are different for each customer.

eg Customer Alice could have the following discounts

Audio Players 12%
Books 10%
Computers 5%

But customer Bob could have:

Books 5%
Computers 20%
Desks 25%

I'm trying to find out if there's any way to implement anything like this in NC without spending weeks altering the core code to make it highly bespoke.  Any ideas how I could achieve this?

Nick

I think there is one process which defines if the discount requirements are met (it just enables or disables a discount) and another independent process that appplies the discount.

My 2 cents: If there are not many discount ranges and categories, maybe you can do it creating customer roles for each type of discount/category (example "Audio Players 12%) and then assign the roles to each customer (example to Bob: "Audio Players 12%"; "Books 10%"; etc.) and then define each discount set for each customer role.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.