All Categories Listing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Have been trying to transpose Category Menu (that shows up on the left hand side) as horizontal menu on top of page.

I played around with the categorynagivation.cshtml file but seems like it the view or categorynavigation controlled only returns top level categories. Yes, i can pass a specific categoryid and it returns sub categories but even then I dont get subcategory information for other parent categories.

How do I get the nopcommerce to return all categories i.e. to include all sublevels. If it can return that I can style them using css and other functions to make a real nice interactive menu bar on top.

Right now I got it where only top level categories show up but sub categories are missing.

Any ideas or hints will be much appreciated.

Thanks
11 years ago
better use NopCategoriesHeaderMenu_2.X plugin. it will show the the categories and sub categories as like u expected.

refer this link., http://www.nop-templates.com/Help/NopCategoriesHeaderMenu/Version_2_6/readme.html .. download the plugin from(www.nop-templates.com) site., its free only...
11 years ago
Yes, I looked at that plugin but what code or changes were made to make it work isnt avaialble. I want to see actual code so that I have complete control and contribute it back to the community.

Thanks
11 years ago
Okay, can somebody guide me what changes need to be made to get categories structure of only the selected category and/or product.

Lets say user clicks on a particular category or product then I would like only that particular category tree from parent to child to be visible. lets say user clicks on a particular shirt, that shirt is part of full sleeves catergory, full sleeve is part of dresses and dresses is in turn part of Apparel category.

Then only

Apparel
Dresses
Full Sleeve

should show up under the category structure.

using nop 2.6..

Thanks
11 years ago
gopinathck wrote:
better use NopCategoriesHeaderMenu_2.X plugin. it will show the the categories and sub categories as like u expected.

refer this link., http://www.nop-templates.com/Help/NopCategoriesHeaderMenu/Version_2_6/readme.html .. download the plugin from(www.nop-templates.com) site., its free only...

Hi gopinathck,

Thanks for the info about NopCategoriesHeaderMenu (NCHM) plugin.

My implementation requires something a bit different than the "out-of-the-box" implementation of NCHM plugin.

To be more specific, I would need the following links and sublinks in the header menu (the order is not the right one however):

Direct Links:
Home
About Us
Contact Us

Pull Down Links (just to name a few):
Shop (at same level of the other direct links)
>>Colletion (a title):
>>Collection 1
>>Collection n

>>Category (title):
>>Cat 1
>>Cat n

>>Best Sellers (title):
>>Best 1
>>Best n

Is it possible to customize NCHM plugin to get what I need?

Here is a graphical representation of the menu:http://www.sigmaitsupport.com/LAB/pulldown-menu-look.gif

Thanks a lot in advance!

LAM.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.