Problem with Javascript onclick="$('#1a').slideto();"

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I am trying to use this bit of javascript in a topic and it not working, some of the other bits of javascript I have got to work but for some reason though the divs are defined it not working.

I am using the following code on the hyperlink to jump to the page sections.

<a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="$('#2a').slideto();">

I have now had to resorting to ancors to do the same job but would like to go back to the slide method as it is more fluid then a strait jump.

Any ideas.

This code is used on the old version of the site and it works fine but when I drop the page content in to the topics and then try and run the code it just not working and I am not getting the following errors:

Timestamp: 09/08/2012 11:26:30
Error: TypeError: $("#1c").slideto is not a function
Source File: http://www.lucid-research.net/t/CustomerServices
Line: 1

Why the hell dose this work on a normal HTML page but not in a page that generated from a database... It beginning to irritate me a bit that I can only run simple or selective bits of java script in the topics section and on some product pages.

I though Nop would of allowed javascript to be run any where on the page not just selected section.....
11 years ago
Well I have sorted it used javascript but instead of using the slide method I used some Ajax! that dose an expanding box and I have to admit it looks nicer that way!
11 years ago
Well I have sorted it used javascript but instead of using the slide method I used some Ajax! that dose an expanding box and I have to admit it looks nicer that way!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.