Products and Variants (Price missing in results list unless special price entered)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
I am somewhat new to NopCommerce, but have performed several test installs with no issues, what i am doing now is importing data from a custom website with SQL 2005 database of products and customers etc. Have not had to bad a time understanding the data structures and there associations in the app. I have a strange issue that i cannot seem to find a solution for, i have to add a value to the special priced field in the product variant before any price will display in the search results list of items. If i remove the special price value it disappears again, these values where imported using custom vbscript and ASP (I find it quicker than developing a ASP .Net App, Code and run), i have confirmed that all the data went in the correct fields, and they display correctly in the Edit Product Variant form so i am not sure what the problem is, thanks for any help you can offer.
11 years ago
burnerxp wrote:
I am somewhat new to NopCommerce, but have performed several test installs with no issues, what i am doing now is importing data from a custom website with SQL 2005 database of products and customers etc. Have not had to bad a time understanding the data structures and there associations in the app. I have a strange issue that i cannot seem to find a solution for, i have to add a value to the special priced field in the product variant before any price will display in the search results list of items. If i remove the special price value it disappears again, these values where imported using custom vbscript and ASP (I find it quicker than developing a ASP .Net App, Code and run), i have confirmed that all the data went in the correct fields, and they display correctly in the Edit Product Variant form so i am not sure what the problem is, thanks for any help you can offer.

I am just guessing that it has to do with values you have in "Special price start/end date" that makes the system to assume you have a special price.
I hope this  helps
11 years ago
Thanks for the reply, the start and end dates are both empty for special prices
11 years ago
burnerxp wrote:
Thanks for the reply, the start and end dates are both empty for special prices

Do you have imported values to price and old price columns? Just checking. Try changing them in one product variant  form the admin and check results.
11 years ago
I figured out what the price display issues was this morning, if there is anything in  the Special Price column other than a NULL then the Price column does not display, my bulk import added a zero and that was  the culprit. Confusing but solved.
7 years ago
Also if the CustomerEntersPrice is set to 1 or if CallForPrice is set to 1.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.